Good Counsel Mission Statement
To honor God by compassionately offering biblically based, grace-filled truths to those who seek healing and restoration.
Faith, Truth, and Compassion
Statement of Faith:
As a professional organization, we set forth the following beliefs, which have been agreed to by Good Counsel counseling staff and its Board of Directors. These are essential to our treatment philosophy and ministry, as we seek to integrate faith in all therapeutic approaches.
- We believe the Bible is God’s Word. He inspired it, so we believe it is trustworthy and without error. It is the essential guide to a vibrant life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He has revealed Himself in creation, history, and in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in God’s creation of the world, that he created humanity in His image, and that humankind has rebelled against God’s authority.
- We believe in the person and work of Jesus Christ, including His deity, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His true humanity, His miracles, His death in our place, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father, and in His coming personal return in power and in glory.
- We believe that salvation is a gift from God, by grace through faith in Christ as one’s Savior. We believe that the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential in bringing lost, sinful mankind, to understand our need to be forgiven.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who lives within the Christian and enables us to live a godly life, to grow in relationship with God through Christian obedience.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—the saved to the beauty of eternal life with God and the lost to the hopelessness of eternal life apart from Him.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and in the importance of the church for worship, service and missions.
- We believe all human life is a sacred gift from God and is to be protected and defended from conception to natural death. We will uphold the sanctity of life and bring the grace and compassion of Christ to those who face the realities of previous abortion, unwanted pregnancy, and end-of-life illness.
- We believe in the importance of marriage. Specifically, that marriage is a covenant relationship between a man and a woman, and that a person’s gender is determined by God at conception.
- We believe that marriage is a covenant relationship that is mirrored in the relationship between Christ and His Church. And although the Bible states that divorce is permissible in two unusual circumstances (adultery and abandonment of a Christian by a non-Christian), we will do all we can to preserve marriage.
- We believe that all psychological principles should be thoroughly evaluated through the grid of Scripture, and that Scripture always holds the final authority.